Artepreneur: professional development program for Spanish artists in the US
With the goal of extending its services for the community of Spanish artists and cultural managers who live in the USA, Spain Culture New York, SPAINRED and New York Foundation for the Arts, in collaboration with Spain Arts & Culture and Spain USA Foundation present:
ARTEPRENEUR: Professional development program for Spanish and other international artists and cultural managers in the USA
ARTEPRENEUR will provide entrepreneurial skills for Spanish and other international artists and cultural managers that are currently living in the USA.
ARTEPRENEUR offers training in topics like business management, marketing, fundraising, project presentation, and individual assessment through consultations, provided by NYFA (New York Foundation for the Arts), a New York based non for profit organization with more than 30 years experience providing a wide array of services to local and international artists from all disciplines.
- The program is open to 50 international artists and cultural managers.
- Organizers encourage the participation of Spanish artists and cultural managers subsidizing 80% of the registration fee for each participant.
- Participants should fill an application no later than October 30th, 2013.
- Participants will be selected according to their experience and motivation.
- The program is not limited to Spanish nationals but they will receive priority in the selection process.
- Accepted candidates to the program will be informed on an ongoing basis until November 8th, 2013
PROGRAM AND DATES:
- 6 Month Program
- The program will provide monthly meetings to support individual artists from all disciplines in their career as well as foster community and develop peer networks. Key meetings will be held at NYFA’s offices and at other host organizations that will introduce the artists to other organizations that can offer resources in the future.
- Meetings will last approximately 2-3 hours depending on topic area.
- Evenings and or weekends.
The program will be broken into:
Boot camp. 5 sessions (one per month)
1st Meeting: Who we are and what we do with introduction to Artist as Entrepreneur- NOVEMBER 20th, 2013- from 6.00 to 8.30pm
Brief introductions from all participants to foster peer learning and networks. Participants can volunteer to introduce a person to the group who inspires, influences or is a person they think everyone should meet. (10 minutes). Time for networking will be included.
Artists will be introduced to the Artist Action Plan that takes an artist through the core principles of sustainability which an artist can apply to their practice or specific project. Workshop would include developing a mission statement, setting goals and strategic planning tools.
2rd Meeting: Finance and Legal- DECEMBER 11th, 2013- from 6.00 to 8.30pm
Presenters will offer tools and guidance in these specific topic areas of finance and legal issues relevant to international artists with discipline specific break out groups.
3th Meeting: Marketing and Networking: - JANUARY 15th, 2014- from 6.00 to 8.30pm
Presenters will offer tools and guidance in these topic areas with discipline specific break out groups to define audience and marketing approaches.
4th Meeting: Fundraising: - FEBRUARY 12th, 2014- from 6.00 to 8.30pm
Presentations on prospecting, overview of fundraising approaches, and best practices for grant proposals.
5-Final Meeting: Public Presentations: MARCH 12th, 2014- from 6.00 to 8.30pm
Artists will present on their work and action plan with the opportunity for peer feedback and professional advice with invited expert guests.
Individual consultations. Starting in March-April based on availability
Each artists will receive individualized feedback on an specific subject matter of his/her choice with professional consultants and advisers.
Part I) Boot camp:
$25 Subsidized fee for artist of Spanish nationality
$125 Regular fee
Part II) Individual Consultations:
Free for all the participants of the Boot Camp who attended all five sessions.
$10 Subsidized fee for artist of Spanish nationality
$25 Regular fee
For more information you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the phone number 212 355 4080 ext 3027